Marble Cupcakes with Wings
Member recipe by ilovemaryberry
ServingsServes 1 - 18 Cakes
- For Cakes:
- 175g Butter
- 175g Caster sugar (granulated works just as well)
- 3 eggs
- 175g self raising flour
- 2 tbsp milk
- 55g plain cholcolate, melted
- 2 tsp cocoa power (optional)
- For Icing:
- 85g butter
- 85g Icing sugar
- Enough water so that it becomes a stiff mixture
- Put eighteen cupcake cases into a muffin pan
- Put margarine, sugar, eggs, flour and milk in a bowl together and mix with either a mixer or electric whisk
- Divide into 2 bowls. In one bowl, add the melted Chocolate and cocoa powder and mix again till chocolate brown.
- Put one tbsp of each mix into each cupcake case. You can either leave them as they are or mix till marbled.
- Put in the oven, 180'C/350'F, Gas mark 4, for 15 - 20 minutes or until well risen. Leave to cool for 20 - 25 mins.
- Cut a deep circle into the cake and put your butter icing in the centre of each cake. Then, cut the cut out peice into 2 and place on cake to look like wings.