Member recipe by chizylass
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Cakes
- 115g butter, softened
- 115g caster sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 115g self-raising flour
- 200g icing sugar
- About 2tbsp warm water
- a few drops of food colouring (optional)
- Sugar flowers, hundreds and thousands, glace cherries and chocolatestrands to decorate
- Line two 12-hole muffin pans with 16 paper cases. Place the butter and sugar in a large bowl and beat together until light and fluffy, then gradually beat in the eggs. Sift inthe flour and fold into the mixture. Spoon mixture into paper cases.
- Bake in a preaheated oven, 190'C/375'/Gas Mark 5, foe 15-20 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the topping, sift the icing sugar into a bowl and stir in just enough warm waterto mix a smoth paste that is thick enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon. Stir in a few drops of food colouring, if using, then spread the topping over the cupcakes and decorate, as liked