apricot & cranberry lamb
Member recipe by mrsdrink
- 600g shoulder of lamb, boned
- olive oil
- For the stuffing
- 1 slice of thick white bread turned into breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 10 dried, ready-to-eat apricots, quartered
- 100g dried cranberries
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 0.5 egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Mix together all of the stuffing ingredients
- Place the lamb onto a board and spread over the stuffing. Roll up and tie in three or four places with string to hold in shape while cooking.
- Seal on a frying pan with a little bit of oil
- Place in a roasting tray, rub some oil over the lamb and tray. Pour 150ml of water into the base of the tray. Cook in the oven for approx 1 hour depending on thickness basting occasionally with any juices.