Member recipe by queenjane21
I've been on a quest lately for perfect cookie recipes since bombing chocolate chip cookies a few times. These Snickerdoodles are pretty darn good.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- sugar and cinnamon for coating
- Preheat oven to 400. Cream together butter, shortening, sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- Blend in flour, cream of tartar, soda, and salt.
- Shape dough into balls and roll in cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for exactly 8 minutes.
- Remove from cookie sheet to cool.