Member recipe by AbiJordan
This is a great pasta recipe which only takes a few minutes to make. You can dry the pasta after making to store.
- 150g Italian '00' flour, plus extra for dusting
- 50g Semolina, plus extra for dusting
- 2 free-range eggs
- Mix the semolina into the flour in a large bowl or on a clean surface.
- Make a dent in the centre a pour the eggs in.
- With your hands, bit by bit, mix the flour with the eggs until it forms a dough. If it is too dry, add a bit of water, if it is too sticky sprinkle on a bit of flour off semolina.
- Knead the dough until it is smooth (roughly five minutes).
- Shape the dough into a ball and wrap it in cling film. Chill in the fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Flour the pasta machine with semolina and divide the dough into 4 roughly equal pieces. At first on the thickest setting guide one piece at a time through the machine, turning the handle and holding it as it comes out.
- Keep changing the setting on the machine to the next thickest setting, feed the pieces through again. Repeat this around 3-4 more times making the setting thinner each time.
- Once the pasta is fairly thin- you can handle it without tearing- cut into strips and dust with semolina.