Red lentil soup
Member recipe by meisterstueck
- 250 grams of red lentils
- 1 large potato, cut into small cubes
- 3 onions, cut into small pieces
- 6 garlic cloves, cut or crushed
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. ground cumin
- 2 tbsp. paprika powder
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 litres of water
- handful of fresh coriander
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot and add the onions. Cook for about 5 minutes and add the garlic.
- Next, add the lentils and potatoes and 1 1/2 litres of water. Season with salt and pepper and the spices.
- Bring to a boil and then let it cook on a small flame for about an hour, adding the rest of the water.
- The longer you let it cook, the better the soup will be.
- At the end, add fresh coriander to serve.