Pear & Maple Upside-Down Cake
Member recipe by superspatula
- 25g butter
- 100g low fat spread
- 4tbsp maple syrup
- 2 medium pears
- 100g light brown soft sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 100g self-raising flour
- 2tsp mixed spice
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas mark 6
- Squidge the butter into the bottom of an 18cm-20cm round cake tin and add the maple syrup
- Core and thinly slice the pears and arrange them in the bottom of the cake tin
- Lightly cream the low fat spread and sugar until light and smooth and add the eggs one at a time, mixing after each adddition.
- Add the flour and mixed spice until the mixture is smooth.
- Spoon evenly into the tin and bake in the oven for 30-35mins until the sponge springs back when lightly pressed
- Leave to cool in the tin for at least 15 minutes. After cooling, run a spatula round the edge of the tin and turn the cake out onto a plate.
- Slice into 6 portions and serve with cream or ice cream.