Lemony chicken with peppers
Member recipe by deliserose
This recipe is so easy to make anyone can do it, a great quick and easy way to satisfy your tummy and be healthy at the same time. Also great for a BBQ
- 4 chicken thighs (or two per head if you're feeling extra hungry)
- 2 yellow peppers, 2 red peppers and 2 orange peppers
- For the marinate
- 2 large lemons
- 1 lime
- 1 level Tsp of sweet paprika (or normal paprika works well with either)
- 1/3 of a tsp of chilli powder (depending on how spicy you like it, more if you want hot)
- Put you chicken thighs onto a chopping board skin down. With a sharp knife slice the flesh of the chicken so that the bone is almost exposed, don't be neat with this, this helps the chicken soak up the marinate and cook faster.
- In a large bowl squeeze in your lemons and lime juice and add the paprika and chilly powder and give it a quick stir
- Put the chicken thighs into the bowl with marinate. Mix it about a bit so all of the chicken is coated with the marinate and stick it in the fridge for around 20mins (the longer you leave it the better, I usually do an hour but less is still fine)
- While your chicken is marinating de-seed your peppers and cut them into 3cm strips
- Once your chicken has marinated, turn your griddle pan onto a medium to high heat, once it has heated up(when you place in your chicken it should sizzle) place you chicken thighs in skin down and and cook on until the skin is brown and crispy turn the thighs over and cook on each side, turn the chicken every few minutes to ensure that the chicken is cooked evenly
- Once your chicken is cooked put the chicken on the plates you wish you serve with. Turn down the heat slightly on the griddle pan and put on your peppers.
- Cook the peppers for around 3-5minutes, they should still have a little bit of crunch. Plate up!