Festive Spiced Dough-rolls
Member recipe by thefoundcook
ServingsServes 1 - 8 Rolls
Christmassy treat, perfect for christmas eve. Works every year. Cinnamon&Sultanas scents. Small and snacky, you may want to make more than one batch.
- For the dough:
- 4 Tablespoons Self-Raising Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Caster Sugar
- 50g Margerine/Butter
- Cup of milk
- For the inside:
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Mixed-spice
- Dash of milk (To brush)
- 1 cooking apple (Optional)
- Put the flour, caster sugar and margerine/butter into a baking bowl and crumb. (Rub together in your fingers to create crumbs) You may need to add more flour/marge/butter to get it right.
- Take a teaspoon of milk at a time and pour into bowl, mix with a fork. Repeat this step until you have a dough.
- Roll the dough onto a flat surface, dusted with flour so it doesn't stick. Roll into a rectangular shape and brush a little milk on top.
- In a cup, grate some apple, put a handful of sultanas in and add the cinnamon and mixed spice and mix. Spread this over the dough roll and roll up length-ways.
- Cut in half, then half each half, then half again so you are left with 8 pieces. You may do 4 or 6 if you wish. Lay sideways in a tray and bake for about 10-15 minutes at 180. Bake until fluffy, doughy and golden.