Banana Salad with a kick
Member recipe by nikolai
- For the fruit salad:
- Handful fresh spinach leaves
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 tbsp pistachio nuts (unsalted)
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries/ strawberries/ both
- 2 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 tsp chopped basil leaves
- 1 tsp orange zest
- For the sauce:
- 1 tsp honey/ agave nectar
- 2 tbsp apple juice
- 3 tbsp plain/ flavoured yogurt of your choice
- Slice the bananas into pieces about 1 cm thick.
- Place the spinach in the serving bowl. Add the banana pieces to the spinach along with the nuts, seeds, berries, pomegranate seeds, basil and orange zest. Mix the contents of the bowl well.
- To prepare the sauce, simply mix the honey or agave nectar with the apple juice and yogurt. Drizzle the sauce over the fruit salad and slightly mix together. Serve chilled.