Steak & Kidney Pie
Member recipe by retropants17
- For the pie filling
- 500g Top Rump steak, trimmed and diced (1 inch cubes)
- 200g Oz Kidney
- 1 Onion
- 250g mushrooms
- Bisto gravy granules
- 1 bottle stout
- For the top and sides
- 1 pack of Puff pastry
- 2 carrots
- 3 large potatoes
- Use ingredients from normal recipe.
- Fry off all ingredients and add everything except the steak to a casserole dish.
- Add 1bottle of Guinness then cook,on gass mark 4 for 30 mins.
- Add gravy to thicken and return to oven for further 15 mins.
- Add steak and cook for further 15 mins.
- Allow to rest for 30mins
- Cook pastry tops
- Cook potatoes for mash & carrots for side