Leek and Chickpea Soup
Member recipe by AngieW123
Another quick and easy recipe using chickpea flour (which may also be known as gram flour or garbanzo flour) to make a thick and creamy soup base.
- 1 leek, finely sliced
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 vegetable stock cubes
- 1 ltr (4 cups) of water
- 1/2 cup gram flour
- 1/2 cup water to mix
- 1 cup/large can cooked chick peas
- Heat olive oil in large wok until rippling. Add leeks and fry for 5 minutes, stirring regularly until soft.
- Add 1 litre (4 cups) of water and vegetable stock cubes, and bring to the boil, then turn down to a simmer.
- In the meantime, prepare flour base: pour 1/2 cup of water into a bowl, and sift the gram flour into the water (the sifting is important otherwise you will end up with small floury lumps in your soup). Whisk well until blended and thick.
- Remove leek soup from heat and add gram flour mixture, stirring constantly until smooth. Add chick peas, and return to heat. Bring back to the boil slowly, and then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.