Zucchini Tomato-Anchovy Pasta
Member recipe by ranya1970
- 500 g penne
- 1 zucchini
- 1 red onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 150 ml tomato sauce (homemade, with oregano)
- ÃÂ¼ cup anchovies
- ÃÂ¼ cup oil from the anchovy box
- ÃÂ½ cup grated parmesan
- Slice the zucchini. Peel and chop the onion. Peel and chop the garlic. Chop the anchovies.
- Heat anchovy oil in the skillet. Add the onion and garlic, stir for 5 mins. Add the anchovies, stir for 2 mins. Add the tomato sauce, stir for 5 mins. Set aside.
- Cook the penne in large pot of boiling water for 9 mins. Add the zucchini and cook for 1-2 mins. Reserve ¾ cup cooking liquid.
- Add the cooking liquid to the tomato-anchovy sauce in the skillet and get to boil. Stir for 1-2 mins.
- Mix the pasta and zucchini with the tomato-anchovy sauce. Season, sprinkle with the grated parmesan and server.