Member recipe by padwan88
ServingsServes 1 - 25 Cookies
- 100ml Vegetable Oil
- 200g Soft Brown Sugar
- 85ml Runny Honey
- 1 Medium free range Egg
- 2 tsp Bicarb of Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Mixed Spice
- 300g Plain Flour
- Mix oil, sugar, egg, Honey, Bicarb of Soda, Salt and mixed spice in a large bowl. Mix until well combined and smooth
- Sift the flour, and gradually stir into the smooth mixture. The mix will soon combine into a smooth dough at this stage I emptied the contents onto a lightly floured surface and kneaded the dough carefully until all crumbs were gathered up
- Roll out your dough to a desired thickness, and cut out your cookies. I managed to get 25 cookies using a 78mm round cutter.
- Preheat the oven to 180C and place cookies on a baking tray lined with baking parchment. I only have a small baking tray so I had to cook the cookies in 4 and a bit batches >.< Also place the cookies with enough space between them as they will spread while baking. Bake for 10-12 mins or until golden around the edges and cracked on top.
- Transfer baking paper on top a wire rack and leave to cool. Sprinkle with caster sugar and enjoy :)
- I added coloured sprinkles into the dough for colour and a different texture which added a nice touch to them. Can add fruit to the smooth batter stage, such as banana or chocolate chips for some extra chewyness and flavor