Carrot and Coriander soup
Member recipe by englandpie
one of my own creations, it is traditional but has a cinamony tang!
- 700g of carrots finely diced
- 2 small onions finely diced
- 50g of butter
- 1/2 tsp of cinamon
- 2 tsp of crushed coriander seeds
- 1.1 litres of vegetable stock
- Salt and Pepper
- Heat the butter in the pan until it is frothing, then add the finely diced carrot and onion. Fry until soft, however continue to stir so they do not burn.
- Add the cinamon and seasoning (to taste) then stir well. Leave for a minute without stiring then add the stock. (Be careful the stock may spit as you pore it in.)
- Let the soup simmer for around 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Then add the coriander.
- Either using a food mixer or a hand blender purÃÂ©e the soup, then return to the heat for five minutes before serving