Saffron cardamon yoghurt
Member recipe by tanujak
A delicious yet simple dessert great for impressing guests at dinner parties.
- 500g natural Greek style yoghurt
- 100g caster sugar (according to taste)
- 1/2 tsp saffron strands
- 1 tbsp of warmed milk
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground cardamon powder
- Handful of chopped pistachios to garnish
- Handful of toasted almonds to garnish
- Add saffron strands to warm milk, allow to infuse for a few minutes
- Mix together the sugar and greek yoghurt, until smooth and creamy.
- Add the saffron infused milk, along with the crushed cardamon. Fold in gently.
- Chill in the fridge for at least a couple of hours to allow the flavours to infuse together.
- When ready to serve, put mixture in individual glasses or ramekins or one large serving bowl. Garnish with crushed pistachios and toasted almonds. This dessert is also delicious with ruby red pomegranates of juicy plump blueberries scattered on top.