Honey & Thyme Roasted Carrots
Member recipe by mustardcomms
When youve got the oven on for a roast, why not pop the carrots in too? Roasted they have a wonderfully sweet, dense flavour and smooth velvety texture. Kids will particularly love them.
- 450g/1lb carrots, washed and trimmed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- a few fresh thyme leaves or pinch of dried
- 1. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C/400F/Gas 6. Cut the carrots into thick batons - try and make them similar sizes and then they will cook evenly. Place in a roasting tin, add the oil, honey and lemon juice and seasoning and toss well to mix.
- 2. Roast the carrots for 20-25mins, stirring halfway through this time, until the carrots are golden and tender. Scatter over the herbs and serve warm.