Pork Burgers My Way
Member recipe by foody3
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2-3 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 birds eye chilli finely chopped (red or green)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 400g pork mince
- 70g white breadcrumbs
- FOR THE SAUCE
- 1 onion fiely chopped
- 2 finely chopped chillies
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 100ml white wine
- 1 green pepper sliced
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 3 potatoes cooked in their skins and peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 400g tin of tomatoes liqudised
- Place the onion, chilli, garlic, salt and egg in a bowl and mix together add the pork mince and mix again. Now add the breadcrumbs and mix again.
- Set the mixture aside in the fridge for 1 hour
- Make the sauce by gently frying the onion in light olive oil when transparent add the chilli and the garlic. Fry for a further 3-4 miutes add the green pepper stir and fry for a further 5 minutes add the wine and allow to evaporate. Add the tomatoes cover and simmer 10-15 minutes.
- Heat some olive oil in a frying pan add the chilli powder and cubed potato fry until the chilli has coated them and they have crisped up on the outside. Add to the sauce.
- Prepare and shape the burgers by dividing the pork mixture into 4 portions form into balls and the then into patties on a floured surface. Heat a griddle or frying pan and oil the burgers cook for 4-5 minutes each side and serve on the sauce with a side of garlic bread.