Three Bean/Mixed Bean Chilli
Member recipe by lauripops
A delicious chilli that my husband now chooses over a traditional beef chilli - a sign of a real winner!
- 2 onions finely chopped
- One tablespoon of olive oil
- One tablespoon of minced garlic/ 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 tablespoon of cumin
- 1 tablespoon of coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon of chilli powder/chilli flakes - add or reduce to taste
- 1 tablespoon of tomato puree
- 1 carton of tomato passata
- 1 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 2 stock cubes, either beef or vegetable
- One mug of boiling water
- 1 packet of quorn mince
- 1 400g tin of mixed beans in water
- 1 400g tin of kidney beans
- Handful of fresh chopped coriander
- Juice of one lime
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees
- Heat a very large casserole dish on the hob and add the oil. Add the onions and the garlic and stir till softened.
- Add the spices and the chilli and stir as the aroma is released.
- Add the tomatoes, the passata and the tomato puree. Then dissolve the stock cubes in the water and add.
- Add the beans, then the quorn mince stirring all the time. Add everything else, but just half the coriander. Taste, add extra spices/chilli/seasoning if necessary.
- Pop in the oven and cook for 1 1/2 hours. Stir occasionally.
- I prefer to leave the chilli to cool, then reheat before serving as the flavours are enhanced, but this is just my personal preference.