Member recipe by saza36
A slight twist on the usual dauphinoise potatoes by including onions in the recipe.
- 700g of Potatoes
- 1 Onion
- 400ml of Single Cream
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- Selection of Fresh Herbs
- 50g of Cheddar Cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 200C / 180C Fan / Gas Mark 5. Grease the dish you will be cooking in.
- Peel potatoes and slice to roughly the thickness of a pound coin.
- Peel and chop the onion.
- Crush the garlic and finely chop the herbs and mix in with the cream.
- Layer the potatoes on the bottom of the dish you will cook them in and pour a small amount of cream over them.
- Sprinkle some of the onion on top of the potato and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 until all the potato and onion is gone then pour the remainder of the cream on top.
- When ready to cook, place in the oven for approximately 1 hour or until the top is crisp and golden assuring that the potato is cooked thoroughly.
- Serve and enjoy!