Strawberry and Cream Muffins
Member recipe by chappers6782
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Muffins
Perfect for the summer with all those fresh british strawberries, have for a snack or with your coffee.
- 280ml Double cream
- 200g Caster sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 400g Plain flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 200g Fresh strawberries (about 1cm diced)
- Preheat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 5.
- In an electric food mixer (beater attachment) add the double cream, caster sugar, eggs and vanilla extract and mix (low speed) until the sugar has dissolved (7-8 mins).
- When this is done add your plain flour and baking powder to your cream mixture and mix until everything is combined.
- Now fold your strawberries in, trying not to break them up too much (don't worry if some of them do)
- Now spoon the mixture into your muffin cases, about 3/4 full and cook in the oven for 25-30 mins. They should be golden brown on top, then just leave to cool (if you think you can wait that long).