Parma ham mozzarella risotto
Member recipe by emily_etc
- 80g of Arborio risotto rice per person
- 1 ball of mozzarella, sliced
- 4 slices of parma ham per person
- 100g of vegetable stock
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 handfuls of spinach, chopped, with a few leaves left to garnish
- A dash of white wine
- Grated Parmigiana Reggiano cheese
- Begin by making the stock and having all your ingredients chopped and ready. Wrap the mozzarella up in the parma ham slices on a tray ready to grill later.
- Add the butter and chopped garlic to the pan, on a medium heat. Followed by the onion until softened.
- Add the risotto rice until lightly toasted and then seconds later add a little stock. This is also a good time to add any white wine or black pepper to season. Continue to add stock as the rice and when the absorbs it, for around 30 minutes.
- Stir in the chopped spinach to the mixture around 5 minutes before the risotto is ready. Grate in as much Parmigiana Reggiano as desired. Simultaneously, put the parma ham parcels under the grill on a medium heat.
- The last few steps should mean the risotto and parcels are ready at the same time. Plate up with the parcels on top and serve with spinach leaves and grated cheese.