Penne with beet greens
Member recipe by ranya1970
- 300 - 400 g penne
- 15 - 20 beet leaves
- 1 red onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 100 g ham
- 40 g Parmesan
- 2-3 table spoon olive oil
- salt, pepper
- Cook penne in a pasta pot of well-salted water until al dente. Reserve 1/3 cup cooking water and drain pasta.
- Rinse the beet leaves and chop roughly. Peel and chop the onion and the garlic cloves. Chop the ham. Grate the Parmesan.
- Heat skillet over medium heat and warm the oliven oil. Cook the chopped ham in oil in the skillet, stirring occasionally, 6 - 10 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the chopped onion and the chopped garlic to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Add the chopped beet greens and cook, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Add the penne and the reserved cooking water and mix well. Add the cooked ham and mix well. Season and stir in the most of the grated Parmesan.
- Divide pasta among the bowls. Sprinkle with the rest of the grated parmesan and serve.