- 200g flat rice noodles
- 2 limes, 1 juiced, one cut into wedges
The same shape, but smaller than…
- 1 tbsp tamarind paste, or extra lime juice
A seed pod from the tamarind tree that is used extensively in South-East Asian and Indian…
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce, plus extra for serving
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil or sunflower oil
- 300g firm tofu, drained, patted dry and cut into cubes
- 10 asparagus spears, trimmed and sliced on the diagonal
- 6 spring onions halved and thinly sliced lengthways
Also known as scallions or green onions, spring onions are in fact very young onions, harvested…
- 300g bag beansprouts
Widely seen as a major, somehow magic, ingredient, beansprouts…
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- handful each coriander leaves and salted peanuts, to serve
Cook the noodles following packet instructions. Mix the lime juice, tamarind and chilli sauce in a small bowl. Set aside.
Heat 1 tbsp oil in a non-stick frying pan or wok and fry the tofu for 5-8 mins, until golden all over. Set aside.
Add the remaining oil and stir-fry the asparagus until tender. Tip in the spring onions, beansprouts and garlic. Cook for 2 mins more. Stir in the drained noodles, sauce and some salt. Mix in the tofu and heat through. Serve with coriander, salted peanuts and lime wedges.