With a Hint Of Mint Shortbread
Member recipe by cakeygirl
ServingsServes 1 - 10 Squares
This recipe is a twist on a very traditional recipe. I used the shortbread to dip into a smooth Lemon mousse. They are light and serve about 10 squares! Its also very simple and easy to remember!
- 170 g (6 oz) Plain Flour,
- 55 g (2 oz) Caster Sugar,
- 110 g (4 oz) Butter and
- 2 caps full of peppermint flavouring.
- Place the Flour and sugar in a bowl then cut the butter into pieces and add to the flour and sugar.
- Rub the contents of the bowl together, so that it resembles fine breadcrumbs then knead the mixture until it holds together.
- Drop the mint flavouring onto the kneaded dough and then knead again.Roll the mixture out and if you want to then cut it out into other shapes and after Prick the shapes with a fork.
- After pricking the dough place into oven for 40 minutes at 140C. When the shortbread is ready it will turn a golden brown colour.
- Leave to cool! And Enjoy !!