Sausage & Bean Stew
Member recipe by bluemoonbaby
A comforting autumn stew, adaptable for any tastes and wonderful with a grating of cheese and hunk of crusty bread.
- 1 red or yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 5 sausages of your choice, sliced or torn into bite-size pieces
- A clove of garlic
- 1 can butter or kidney beans
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- A splash of olive oil
- Slice the onions and add them, along with the crushed garlic, to a frying pan with the olive oil. Allow the onions to soften for about 10 minutes
- Slice the peppers and add them to the frying pan along with the sliced sausage then leave to cook for a further 10 minutes (depending on the sausages you use).
- Pour in the beans and the chopped tomatoes then leave to warm through for about 5 minutes or until bubbling pleasantly.
- Pour into 3 bowls, grate on some parmesan, edam or cheddar cheese and serve with a generous hunk of crusty bread