Thai Taste's Thai Fish Cakes
Member recipe by clemmiecorlett
Combining the fresh flavours of salmon with the zing of Thai spices, these fish cakes from Thai Taste not only look beautiful but taste amazing too.
- 450g (1lb) skinless fish fillets (salmon, haddock, etc) cut into chunks
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Thai Taste Red Curry Paste
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp Thai Taste Palm Sugar
- 1 tsp Thai Taste Fish Sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 50g (2oz) fine green beans, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp Thai Taste Rice Bran Oil, for frying
- To serve:
- Dipping sauces
- Lime wedges
- Shredded spring onions
- Place the fish chunks, spring onions, chilli, curry paste, coriander, palm sugar, fish sauce, lime juice and a pinch of salt in a food processor and blend until finely minced.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in the sliced green beans.
- Divide the mixture into 16 pieces, roll each one into a ball and then flatten into discs.
- Transfer the fish cakes to a plate, cover with cling film and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to 1 hour to firm up
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and when very hot fry the fish cakes for about 1-2 minute each side, until golden brown and cooked through. Lift out and drain on kitchen paper, then serve with a selection of dipping sauces and a wedge of lime. Garnish with spring onions.