Asian Chicken Vegetable Wrap
Member recipe by mathildescuisine
- 600g of chicken breast
- 400g of carrots, grated
- 1 spring green
- 5 spring onions, chopped (optional)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons of sesame seeds, fried
- For the marinade
- 1 tablespoon of fish sauce (nam pla).
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 lemongrass stalk, trimmed and shredded (optional)
- 3 large mild red chilies, deseeded and chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 2 tablespoons soft brown sugar
- Slice the chicken into thin and long pieces. In a bowl, mix all the ingredients for the marinade together. Add the chicken and toss well. Leave to marinate for an hour (preferably a night).
- Heat some sesame oil in a frying pan and fry the meat with the marinade for 10 mn.
- Meanwhile, heat some sesame oil in another pan and fry the onions. Add the carrots, the sesame seeds, the cumin, a splash of soya sauce and let it cook for 10 mn at medium heat.
- Remove the spring green leaves from the centre, wash gently and shred. Blanche the leaves for about 3 minutes in boiling water until they soften and drain them.
- Wrap some carrot mix and slices of chicken in a leaf.