Chicken & Spinach Tetrazzini
Member recipe by nikapp13
- 350g spaghetti
- 300g chestnut mushrooms, quartered
- 25g butter
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 500g cooked, boneless chicken in chunks
- 1 heaped tbsp plain flour
- 250ml white wine
- 450ml double cream
- 200g spinach
- 200g parmesan, grated
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- Cook the spaghetti in boiling water, drain and set aside.
- Pre-heat oven to 170C/fan 150C/gas 5
- warm the butter & oil in a large deep pan, add the onions and fry for a few minutes until soft. Add the garlic and mushrooms and allow the mushrooms to soften and colour nicely.
- Add the cooked chicken and stir in the flour, cook for a few minutesstirring occassionally
- Pour in the wine, bring to the boil scraping the bottom of the pan and stirring constantly. pour in the cream and return to the boil. Then turn of the heat and set aside.
- Wash the spinach and put it stil wet from rinsing into a pan with a tight fitting lid. Allow to cook in its own steam for a few minutes until limp. Drain & squeeze to remove excess water. Chop roughly.
- Fold the spaghetti, chicken and mushroom sauce and spinach together, stir in two thirds of the parmesan, season and tip into large ovenproof dish.
- Scatter the remaining parmesan cheese on top and bake for 35-40 until the top is crisp and golden.