The BEST Chocolate Cake
Member recipe by tameat
this is no ordinary chocolate cake, filled with caramel, strawberries and cream and draped in a rich chocolate sauce- it is indulgence in every slice!!
- For the cake:
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 6 eggs - seperated
- 2 cups flour
- 2Tbsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 60ml cocoa powder
- For the icing:
- 2 slabs of milk chocolate
- 1 tub of double cream
- for the filling:
- tin of caramel
- tub of cream
- 1/2 punnet of strawberries
- caster sugar
- preheat your oven to 180 degrees celsius, place oil, sugar, warm water and egg yolks in a bowl and beat untill mixture is cool and smooth.
- Sift flour, baking powder and cocoa 3 times and add to the oil mixture.
- Whisk the eggwhites untill they just start forming soft peaks and fold in to the batter with a spatula.
- Line the base of the cake tins with oiled grease proof paper and pour the batter into the 2 medium tins
- bake in the oven for about 30 min or untill the cake is firm to the touch.
- While the cake is in the oven, you can start with te icing and filling.
- for the icing: break the pieces of chocolate into a microwave proof bowl and add a bit of the cream.
- cook it in the microwave untill it melts- be carefull not to burn it. Once the chocolate is melted add the rest of the cream and leave to cool.
- for the filling: whisk the cream untill its stiff peaked. whisk the caramel untill its smooth. dip the sliced strawberries in the caster sugar.
- once the cake is done and cooled down, spread the caramel on the top of one then add the whipped cream and lastly the strawberries. put the other cake on top. take the chocolate sauce and pour it over the cake and smooth on edges with a spatula.