Tomato and Sweet Pepper soup
Member recipe by emmavr
- 1 Large white onion, chopped.
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red sweet pepper, chopped.
- 800g chopped tomatoes
- 3 large sweet potatoes peeled and chopped.
- 2 white potatoes (of your choice): peeled and chopped.
- 3 pints of vegetable stock
- Butter / margarine for cooking the onions
- Creme fraiche to serve (if wanted)
- Put the butter in a large pan, when the butter is melted: add the chopped onion and garlic: cook until translucent. After this add the chopped red pepper, tomatoes and the potatoes and coat in the butter.
- Add the vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Cook the vegetables until the potatoes are cooked through. This should be between 20 to 30 minutes.
- Take the soup off the heat, let the soup cool a little then blend using a hand blender.
- Add the creme fraiche to make the soup creamy if wanted.
- Serve with freshly buttered crusty bread.