Chocolate caramel oat squares
Member recipe by alamby
ServingsServes 1 - 24 Squares
These are gooey, layered chocolate, caramel and oat squares. Yum, yum!
- 275g plain flour
- 150g porridge oats
- 140g light soft brown sugar
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 225g melted butter
- 225ml toffee fudge sauce
- 55g chopped walnuts or pecans
- 115g plain chocolate chips
- Grease a rectangular baking tray.
- Set aside four tablespoons of the flour. Combine the remaing flour, porridge oats, soft brown sugar and bicarbonate of soda in a large bowl.
- Add the melted butter and mix until the mixture is crumbly.
- Reserve 115g of the crumb mixture. Press the remaining crumb mixture onto the bottom of the baking tray. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Comnbine the toffee fudge sauce and remaining flour in a small bowl, then whisk until smooth. Drizzle over the crust of the crumb mixture in the dish and spread to the edges.
- Combine the walnuts or pecans with the reserved crumb mixture in a small bowl. Sprinkle the crumb mixture and chocolate chips evenly over the toffee fudge mixture. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove the baking tray from the oven to a cooling rack and cool completely. Enjoy!