Lasagne with a twist
Member recipe by beccabryant
- For the Red Sauce:
- 500g of Beef Mince
- 500g of Pork Mince
- 500g of creamy and bacon pasta bake sauce
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 1-3 tbsp of Paprika (to your taste)
- 1-3 tbsp of garlic paste (to your taste)
- 1x corgette
- 1x onion (red or white)
- 1x red pepper
- 125g of closed cup mushrooms
- For the white sauce:
- 75g of savoury white cause mix (usually three packs)
- For the pasta:
- 250g Dried Lasagne sheets.
- For the finishing touches:
- Handful of grated cheddar cheese (you choose the strength to your taste)
- 200g Leerdammer Cheese or Mozzarella
- Heat oven to Gas Mark 6 or 180 degrees.
- Place all of the mince (both pork and beef) into a large pan and brown off. Whilst the meat is browning chop up the corgette, onion, red pepper and mushroom as small as you can. I usually use a hand belnder and pulse it until they're finely cut. Once they are cut and the meat is browned off add them to the pan of meat. Now add the pasta bake sauce, chopped tomatoes and garlic paste. I would advise that you add water if the sauce is too thick. Leave the red sauce mixture to simmer for aproximately 20-30 minutes. You can leave it longer on a low heat if you wish.
- When the red sauce mixture is nearly cooked start the white sauce. To make the white sauce follow instructions on the back of the packet and slowly stir in a handful of cheddar cheese. Now you're ready to build your lasagne.
- To build the lasagne get a large oven proof dish. Firstly put a small amount of white sauce in the bottom of the dish to prevent the pasta from sticking. Then layer with pasta, then red sauce - repeating until you have aproximately 1/2 inch to 2.5 centimeters from the top of the dish. Then pour over your white sauce, spreading so it covers the whole top of the lasagne. Then place the Leerdammer/Mozzarella over the white sauce.
- Place the lasagne in the middle of the oven and leave for 30-40 minutes.
- Keep an eye on the lasagne, it will be cooked when the cheese has gone a golden colour in the middle and crispy at the edges (personally I love the crispy bit!)
- Now you are ready to serve!