Salmon & Spinach Spring Rolls
Member recipe by misafish
ServingsServes 1 - 6 Rolls
Using Filo pastry sheets for this spring rolls instead of a normal oriental dough. Very delicate and crunchy texture!
- 1 piece salmon fillet, boned and skinned
- 80g Cheddar cheese
- 100g baby spinach
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- 6 sheets of filo pastry
- Lemon wedges for serving
- Cooking oil for deep-frying
- Season the salmon fillet with salt and pepper and slice into 6 sticks approximately 3 inches by 1/2 inch. Slice the Cheddar cheese into 6 sticks (same size as the salmon sticks).
- Add the spinach for a large pan of slightly salted boiling water, cook 15 seconds. Drain the spinach in a colander, cool down and squeeze out the excess water. Sprinkle the soy sauce on the spinach and mix well.
- Lay out one filo pastry sheet with a corner pointed toward you. Place a salmon stick, a Cheddar cheese stick and 1/6 of the spinach on the filo sheet.
- Roll up the filo sheet the corner facing you. When half way, fold left and right corners toward the center and continue to roll. Brush a little bit of water on the final corner to help seal the spring roll.
- Heat the oil to 170C/340F and deep-fry the spring rolls until golden brown. Drain on kitchen paper. Serve with the lemon wedges.