Bangers and beans in a pan
Member recipe by pendlehill
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 454 g pack sausages, each sausage chopped into three
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped into thick slices
- 2 x 410 g cans mixed beans, drained and rinsed
- 400 ml chicken stock
- 1-2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- small handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat the oil over a high-ish heat in a wide, shallow pan, with a lid.
- Cook the sausgages for 5 mins, stirring occasionally, until they are browned on all sides.
- Add the onion, carrots and cook for 5 mins. Tip in the beans, give everything a good stir, then pour in the stock and bring to the boil, stirring.
- Cover and simmer for 10-15 mins, until the carrots are tender. Stir in the mustard and parsley.
- Serve with crusty bread.