Spicy Jerka Jerka Chicken
Member recipe by johnmoorehouse
A flavoursome jerk chicken recipe, packed with bold spices with I firerry hint of chilli. The perfect marinade for chicken thighs served with rice and pea.
- For the Marinade:
- 1 tsp of Oregano
- 4 tbs of Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp of Chilli Powder (or Scotch Bonnet finely chopped)
- 1 tsp of Ginger Powder
- 1 tsp of Mixed Spice
- 3 Garlic Gloves
- 3 tbs of Honey (or 1 tsp of Sugar)
- 1 tsp of Paprika
- Enough Oliver Oil to loosen the mixture
- 1/2 tsp of Celery Salt
- Salt how you like it
- Black Pepper how you like it
- Measure spices into dish.
- Mix spices with the liquids olive oil and vinigar to loosen the mixture. Mixture should be deep brown and thing enough to spread on the chicken.
- Place chicken onto a tray and make lots of holes into the chicken on both sides, this works well using a kebab stick and allows the marinade to penitrate into the chicken.
- Leave the chicken for no less than 1 hour in the fridge, best left over night for a deep flavour.
- Cook in the oven for around 20 minutes at 180c then finish of on a griddle pan for an authentic charred effect, if you have any marinade left over you can spoon over while on the griddle pan.
- Serve with some rice, salad and even chips go well. Enjoy!