A step-by-step plan to serving up a sumptuous Christmas meal for 8 people, from freezing ahead to Christmas Eve prep, parboiling and plate warming. Find a time plan, all the recipes, plus more tips and inspiration below....
Find more festive recipe inspiration and cooking advice in one place by visiting our Christmas kitchen.
Your Christmas time plan
Up to a month before:
- Assemble our vegan beetroot & squash Wellingtons with kale pesto and freeze.
- Prep your sauces with this prosecco & wild mushroom gravy and ruby cranberry sauce, and freeze.
Four days before:
Salt the turkey
- Salt the turkey legs and wings, using our brined roast turkey crown & confit legs recipe.
- Make this ham hock & pistachio roll and keep in the fridge.
Three days before:
Confit the legs and wings
- Use our brined roast turkey crown & confit legs recipe to confit the turkey legs and wings. Then cool and leave in the fridge, covered with fat.
Two days before:
Prepare the trimmings
- Prepare our crispy traybake stuffing and chill.
- Make this bread sauce and chill.
- Braise and chill this red cabbage.
Turkey & potatoes
- Dry-brine the turkey crown using our brined roast turkey crown & confit legs.
- Boil, then chill the potatoes for these crunchy confit roast poatatoes.
Christmas Day 10am:
Prepare the vegetables
- Wash carrots to make our buttered baby carrots.
- Peel and boil parsnips for these honey-roasted parsnips.
- Prepare your classic pigs in blankets and put on a tray in the fridge, ready to roast later.
Christmas Day 11am:
Get the bird ready
- Take the turkey crown and confit out of the fridge. Remove the legs and wings form the duck fat and keep the fat to one side.
- Heat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5 just before 12pm.
Christmas Day 12pm:
- Roast the turkey crown in the oven for 1 hr 30 mins.
Christmas Day 12:30pm:
Prepare the roasties
- Put the duck fat in the oven to heat for roasting the potatoes.
- After 10 mins, put the potatoes in the hot duck fat and roast for 1 hr 20 mins.
Christmas Day 1:10pm:
Plate up starters
- Take the cranberry sauce out of the fridge to bring to room temperature.
- Make the pickled shallots, apple balls and dressing for the ham hock & pistachio roll. Plate up the starter, ready to serve at 2pm.
Christmas Day 1:20pm:
Roast the vegetables
- Roast the parsnips for 40 mins.
- Take the turkey crown out of the oven, transfer to a platter and leave to rest for at least 30 mins.
Christmas Day 1:30pm:
Veggie option and pigs and pigs in blankets
- Reheat the legs and wings in the oven for 30 mins.
- Bake the Wellingtons (if using) from chilled or frozen for 25-30 mins.
- Bake the stuffing and roast pigs in blankets for 30 mins.
Christmas Day 1:40pm:
The final fourishes
- Cook the Brussels sprouts and carrots for 20 mins.
- Reheat the red cabbage, gravy and bread sauce. Everything will now stay warm in a hot kitchen for 15 mins while you eat the starter.
Christmas Day 2pm:
Enjoy your lunch
- Enjoy the starter with your guests, then serve the main course with all the trimmings.