Easiest ever vegan Eton mess
Enjoy a vegan version of Eton mess using aquafaba instead of egg whites to make the crunchy meringue, mixed with coconut yogurt and rose-scented berries
How to make the perfect vegan Eton mess:
- Tip a 400g can of chickpeas into a sieve over a large bowl. Reserve the chickpeas for other recipes.
- Whisk the water from the can (or 'aquafaba') to soft peaks, then add 100g golden caster sugar. Whisk again.
- Gently drop dessert-sized spoonfuls of the mixture onto a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 1hr 15mins at 110C/90C Fan/gas mark 1. Then cool.
- Add 500g mixed berries to a large bowl, sprinkle over 2 tbsp icing sugar and ½ tbsp rose water. Leave for 20 mins.
- Add 400ml coconut yogurt to a bowl.
- Crush the meringues with your hands and add to the yogurt, then add 1/3 of the the fruit and mix.
- Split between glasses, top with the remaining fruit, a little of the fruit juices and some rose petals.
For more detailed information, see this vegan Eton mess recipe.
Browse our vegan dessert collection for more sweet treats.