How to make Dauphinoise potatoes
Try our app for ad-free recipe inspiration – download now
Chelsie Collins shows you how to bake the perfect potato Dauphinoise, with a crisp top and creamy filling
- Use Maris Piper or another starchy potato as it’s the starch in the potatoes that will make the Dauphinoise stick together.
- Don’t worry about how you organise the potatoes in the dish - once the cheese is melted on top it will look perfect.
- Don’t forget to discard the garlic.
- Pour over the leftover cream mixture (you don’t have to use all of it, just enough to cover the potatoes).
- You can increase the oven temperature to high for the last 5 mins of cooking for a deep golden topping.
Comments, questions and tips