Points to remember:
- Cut 2 x 250g blocks of halloumi into fries.
- Mix together 75g plain flour and 3 tbsp za’atar. Toss the fries in the flour mixture, making sure they are coated completely.
- Heat oil to 180C or until a piece of bread browns in 20 seconds. Fry the halloumi in batches for 2-3 mins until golden brown and crispy. Drain on kitchen paper and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Zest 1 lemon and cut into wedges.
- Mix 1 tbsp harissa, and lemon zest into 170g Greek yogurt. Serve alongside the halloumi fries, with the lemon wedges for squeezing and mint scattered over.
See the full recipe for halloumi fries.