How to make salted caramel brownies
Bake a batch of these salted caramel brownies and you'll never look back. The irresistable salty sweet combo comes through in every bite.
Making salted caramel brownies:
- Melt 200g unsalted butter, then break in 200g dark chocolate. Remove from heat while the chocolate melts.
- Mix 175g of the tinned caramel with 1 tsp sea salt.
- Put the rest of the tinned caramel in a large bowl along with 200g golden caster sugar and 4 medium eggs. Beat together.
- Whisk in the melted chocolate and butter. Add 130g plain flour, 50g cocoa powder and a good pinch of salt. Beat briefly until smooth.
- Pour half the brownie batter into a lined tin and level with a spoon or spatula.
- Spoon half of the salted caramel on top of the batter in thick strips. Repeat the process, trying not to disturb the caramel underneath.
- Drag a skewer or knife tip through the caramel for a feathered effect on top.
- Bake 180C/160C fan/gas 4 for 25-30 mins.
- Let it cool completely then cut into squares.
See the full recipe for our salted caramel brownies.
More ideas for next level brownies:
What's your favourite brownie recipe? Leave us a comment below...