Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Thai Chilli Marinated Chicken
- Preparation and cooking time
- Marinate for 1-24 Hours
- Serves 2
This recipe incorporates a thai-like flavour from the vibrant chilli and soy sauces aswell as the rice vinegar. For the chilli sauce I used Frank's Red Hot sauce. (If you dont have this i recommend any chilli sauce that is spicy, thick and peppery. This chicken can be marinated for up to 24 hours and can be done on a grill or barbeque for a nice glaze, or simply thrown in the oven for a quick yummy meal with some veg.
- 1 Lime (Juice & Zest)
- 1 Cup of dark soy sauce (16 Tbsp)
- 1/2 Cup of Frank's Red hot sauce
- 3 Tbsp of Rice Vinegar
- 5 Tbsp of Sweet chilli sauce
- 600g of Chicken
- STEP 1Firstly Get a bowl big enough to fit the ingredients inside. Place the Chicken in the bowl (I used chicken breast but you can use basically anything).
- STEP 2Prepare the marinade. Firstly zest the lime and squeeze the lime juice into a bowl. Add the remaining ingredients to the marinade.
- STEP 3Pour the marinade over the chicken and seal it in the fridge. I usually leave it between 1-24 hours depending on when I want to eat it. You can either put this in the oven at 180c for 20-25 minutes or you can grill/barbeque it. If you are using the oven, it will not caramelise however, if you are grilling/barbequeing, it will form a nice glaze over the meat. Serve this with whatever you want (I usually have rice and vegetables with it)