Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Chicken Cheese Balls
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 12 Chicken Cheese Balls
Simple and easy to make snack or takeaway lunch.
- 2 Minced Chicken Breasts
- 50g Cheddar Cheese Grated
- 100g Mozzarella Cheese Grated
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of Sweet Red Pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 Cup of Breadcrumbs
- Half a cup of Oil
- 25g Butter
- STEP 1In a pot, add all minced chicken and all Cheddar cheese. Mix by hand until one piece.
- STEP 2Form into balls. You should be left with around 12 balls after forming them. Flatten each ball.
- STEP 3Put Grated Mozzarella onto a plate and form cheese balls by hand. Form as much cheese balls as you have flattened balls. If you want, add your favourite spice or flavouring/filling to the cheese balls. Then, place them on top of your flattened balls. Curve the edges of the flat chicken to conceal the cheese balls inside creating a chicken ball with a Mozzarella inside.
- STEP 4Crack the egg and pour it into a bowl. Mix with a spoon until a fully orange liquid forms. Dip each finished ball into the egg liquid and cover fully.
- STEP 5Place the breadcrumbs onto a plate and dip the Chicken Cheese Balls into it and cover fully. The breadcrumbs will stick to the egg liquid.
- STEP 6Place the Chicken Cheese Balls on a tray. Put the tray in the oven for 30mins at 200°C.
- STEP 7After cooked, take them out of the oven and cool for 1-2mins.
- STEP 8After cooling, put oil and melt butter on the frying pan and fry for 5 minutes or until the Ckicken Cheese Balls are golden brown and nice and crispy. Make sure you turn your balls occasionally while frying.
- STEP 9Once done frying, put on a plate and let them cool.
- STEP 10You can always add a sauce or dip to them while eating, to give them extra taste. Enjoy.