Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
This lentil soup is a perfect dish to endulge in on a biting, cold winters day.
- Butternut squash (half)
- 3 top of the range carrots (peeled)
- A spring onion
- 4 baby potatoes
- A tsp of paprika
- STEP 1Now, with the spring onion chop both ends off; then cut into decent chunks. Remember that they don’t have to be perfect.
- STEP 2Then get your carrots (peel them) and cut them into fine discs. Then put in the pan.
- STEP 3Cut your butternut squash into reasonable sized pieces and put your chunks in.
- STEP 4Slice your baby potatoes into about 1cm thick rounds and put them in the pot with the other vegetables
- STEP 5Pour boiling water into the pan until it covers them nearly entirely.
- STEP 6Leave to simmer for 20 minutes
- STEP 7Put the spices in and stir well
- STEP 8Drain off extra water
- STEP 9Blitz with a stick blender until desired texture
- STEP 10Serve and enjoy!