Pork with Paprika and Olives
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
Family food but nice enough for an informal dinner party
- 500g diced pork (leg or shoulder)
- 1 red onion cut into thin wedges
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 100g chorizo, cut into chunks
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1x400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 300ml chicken stock
- 400g can chickpeas
- 100g green olives drained and rinsed
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- small bunch of parsley chopped
- STEP 1Heat oven to 150C/130C fan/Gas 2
- STEP 2Season pork. Heat a little olive oil in a large flameproof casserole. Add the pork and brown all over. Remove from the casserole and set asilde. Add the onion and garlic to the pan and cook gently until softened. Add chorizo and paprika and cook for 2 mins, then add the tomatoes and stock. Return the pork to the casserole.
- STEP 3Cover with a lid and put into the oven and cook for 1 hour.
- STEP 4Add the chick peas and olives and cook for 1 hour more.
- STEP 5Stir in the lemon and parsley. Serve with crusty bread.