Monday Leftover Stew
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
A simple tomatoey Stew for Sunday’s leftover meat.
- 400g leftover roast chopped roughly
- 1 red onion sliced
- 1 med red pepper sliced
- 100g courgette sliced
- Stock to cover , stock cube is fine
- 2tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon tomato ketchup, I used Stokes
- Sprigs fresh rosemary and thyme
- STEP 1Fry onion in a little olive oil until softened. Add pepper courgette and lamb and cook stirring for a bit.
- STEP 2Add veg and meat and cook stirring frequently for 10 mins, then add stock to cover, purée, ketchup and herbs. Bring to the boil, then give a good stir, cover and lower the heat.
- STEP 3Cook on the hob about 30 minutes, or as long as you feel appropriate. I usually cook mine in the morning and let the flavours develop before reheating thoroughly in the evening. I usually serve mine with couscous but rice, pasta, potatoes, whatever.