Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Cheese on Toast
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- A challenge
- Serves 1
A wonderful recipe for the Keenest of cooks
- 1 slice of bread - brown or white - i prefer white
1 slice of bland cheese - i go for Tesco value extra mild - really cheap!
- a bit of butter
- STEP 1put the bread in the toaster
- STEP 2slice some bland cheese
- STEP 3when bread has turned into toast (check for a hard toasted surface to the bread) thickly spread some of the butter on it
- STEP 4whack the cheese on top and throw it under the grill for a while
- STEP 5withdraw from under the grill when the cheese has started to melt and bubble a little and eat whilst watching the football on TV with a can of Stella