White chocolate and raspberry brioche pudding
- Preparation and cooking time
- 15 minutes to set
- Serves 6
A modern twist on a classic British favourite
- 30g salted butter, plus extra for greasing
- 220g white chocolate, broken into pieces
- 220g brioche
- 200g raspberries
- 4 medium eggs
- 750ml whole milk
- 30g caster sugar
- 20g icing sugar, to serve
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 190C/ Gas 5. Butter the sides of a large baking dish, approx 30 x 23cm.
- STEP 2Melt the butter and chocolate together and set aside. Cut the brioche into thin slices.
- STEP 3Lay half the slices in the bottom of the dish. Pour over half the butter and chocolate mixture and scatter over half the raspberries. Lay the rest of the bread slices on top, then add the remaining chocolate and raspberries.
- STEP 4In a jug beat the egss, milk and sugar and pour over the brioche. Leave to stand for 20 minutes.
- STEP 5Bake in the oven for 30 minutes until the surface is golden and the custard has set. Once baked, leave to stand for 15 minutes and dust with icing sugar before serving.