- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
- 4 egg yolks
- 60g caster sugar
- 25g plain flour
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 280ml milk
- STEP 1Beat the egg yolks and sugar for a few minutes until pale and slightly thickened.
- STEP 2Whisk in the flours.
- STEP 3Heat the milk in a saucepan until stating to boil.
- STEP 4Whisk the milk into the egg mix.
- STEP 5Put the whole lot back into the pan, stirring all the time until thick and boiling.
- STEP 6Take the pan off the heat - cover with cling-film to prevent a skin from forming.