Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Sweetcorn and Chive Fritters
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
Quick to make, goes well with salad and excellent as a snack.
- 165g drained weight canned sweetcorn
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- 1 large egg
- 10ml milk
- a pinch sea salt
- 25g plain flour
- half teaspoon baking powder
- oil for frying
- STEP 1Put the sweetcorn, onion and chives in a bowl. In a separate bowl beat the egg with the milk, pour this mixture over the sweetcorn and mix well. Season with the salt. Sieve in the flour and baking powder and mix well.
- STEP 2Add oil to a large frying pan, enough to easily cover the base of the pan. When the oil is hot, test with a teaspoon of the mix, it should sizzle and bubble. Spoon in the mixture, making four equal portions and using up all the mixture. Trying to make sure they don't run into each other. Fry until light brown approx 2 mins, keep checking, turn over and repeat.
- STEP 3To test if they are cooked, press gently down in the centre, they should not give, if soft or squidgy cook for a bit longer. Best served warm but can be eaten cold.